We are now taking submissions for those who wish to contribute to the
7th Healing with Horse Tele-Summit
to be released March 2021
ONLINE Healing with Horse Symposium
to be held as a live distance learning event in April 2021.
The collegiality of a cross-model sharing space has made these two Healing with Horse events completely unique. It has built an amazing community of lifelong practitioners, newcomers, those seeking to both learn and share innovations, and all in between.
The TeleSummit is a yearly online teaching event specifically for those who offer equine assisted / facilitated / guided work. During the TeleSummit and Symposium, equine facilitators teach a concept, activity or process that other equine facilitators can use in their own sessions, or for themselves or their horses.
The Symposium has, historically, been a cross-model, in-person, highly experiential conference for equine practitioners and others wishing to team with horses to aid in experiential learning, healing, and spiritual enrichment.
The Online version will continue to offer the same events through interactive webinars with video and other ways of bringing horses “online,” classroom sessions, panel sessions, Keynote demos and talks, and more! It will be as interactive and experiential as you can get while still making the online systems accessible and simple to use.
We are looking for topics to share with our global community
of passionate equine practitioners.
BENEFITS of Being a Contributing Facilitator
- Whichever event (or both) you contribute to, you will receive / attend for free.
- Gain exposure to our unique, targeted, niche-specific global audience, raising awareness about your work and generating interest in your offerings.
- You will have your own page on our website that also links to your site(s) and you are encouraged to make an offer at the end of your session, as well as offer give-aways, to grow your own list and fill your own programs.
- You have the opportunity to earn income by becoming an affiliate who sells Tele Summit set and the Symposium Offerings, earning a percentage for every purchase from someone on your own list.
- You will develop friendships and potential collaborators from our global community of intelligent, empowered, and fascinating participants and presenters. Professionals from many countries and all over the U.S. and Canada have attended past in-person Symposiums.
- Many of the participants and presenters from past years reported that the Symposium was life-changing, and that they experienced profound shifts in their inner landscapes as well as their facilitation skills, allowing them to serve their clients at a new level. As a presenter, you will be a shaper of the shifts the 2021 tele summit & symposium make possible.
- Of course, most importantly, you receive the intrinsic reward of giving-back to your community, inspiring and uplifting others and serving horses along the way.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please submit your general topic suggestion by emailing Diedre West at HealingwithHorse@gmail.com.
- Social Media (like your website and/or Facebook page)
- Which event you are submitting a topic for (tele summit, symposium, or both).
- Topic working title (does not have to be final)
- A short general description of your proposed topic. Details are welcome, but a completed concept with all details determined is not needed at this time. Whether you are submitting one or multiple teaching sessions (i.e., for the tele summit and the symposium) these are about 1 to 1 ½-hour learning session, with equine facilitators as your participants.
IMPORTANT: Please put “2021 TeleSummit/Symposium Submission”on your Email SUBJECT line. If you are offering a proposal for only one of the two events, just name which one. Submissions with no subject title might get missed. If you do not receive an emailed confirmation of receipt within 24-48 hours, please check the email address was correct, and then request confirmation with a text to: (801) 620-0186.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 18, 2020
The sooner you submit, the better. We begin the selection process before the deadline.
If your submission is selected, the following will be required:
- Your topic focuses on an aspect of equine work, or a concept or theory, that can be TAUGHT to others on the phone in about 1 – 1 ½ hours. It must include a USEABLE concept, activity, or process that others can practice in their own sessions without further qualifications or training.
- We request (but not require) some experiential process that we can DO on the call so that listeners are invited not just to learn, but to shift while listening to the session. Depending on your topic, this “exercise” can be a short practice that is somehow related to your main topic (it does not have to be the main topic). This can look like a guided meditation, visualization, distance healing, journal promting, or something of your own insight that allows listeners an experience related to your topic, engaging their imagination and embodied sense of your topic or aspect of your topic.
- You can expect to have at least 1, and more commonly 2 pre-recording planning sessions via phone to go over your topic to ensure the best possible tele-teaching session.
- Provide an outline of your presentation by the time of recording.
- Prepare a HANDOUT, Powerpoint slide show, or some form of visual of the pertinent processes/concepts of your presentation so that listeners who purchase the tele summit can easily refer back to the handout.
- A written bio and bio picture for inclusion on the website.
- A commitment to meet the deadlines on a timeline that you collaboratively set with me.
- Our free release event only grows by word of mouth, so you must be willing to raise awareness about the Tele-Summit to your own contacts/list at least 2 times before your session goes live.
- Provide a written bio and bio picture for inclusion on the website.
- You must be willing and able (internet and computer, etc.) to have at least one planning session with for which you provide a written outline of your session, and one or more training sessions with other facilitators to learn how to use and practice with the online teaching technologies we will use.
- You must be able to attend the Online Symposium as an active participant on the days and times in which you are not a presenter.
- Please note that we will plan with you to make the most effective online presentation or live webinar or discussion, and discuss with you the different types of sessions that are available for you to work within. We ask you to be open to this process and be open to stepping in to other activities like panel sessions as we plan.
- We ask that you pitch in as a volunteer for at least 3 hours’ worth of event support. We don’t really know what this will look like yet, but would like your support in the running of the symposium as you would at the in-person event! Please know we won’t ask you to do something you don’t know how to do. This will be something we work with you on.
- Handouts are desirable if they suit your topic but not required.
- Our event grows most effectively by word of mouth, so you must be willing to raise awareness about the Symposium to your own contacts/list at LEAST 2x before the Symposium.